A GUIDE TO HOLIDAY PARTY SMALL TALK
It’s that time of year, the anticipation for holiday gatherings has begun. Maybe there’s excitement, maybe a bit of anxiety, probably a little of both. Whether it’s a co-worker ornament exchange or a formal dinner party hosted by your great aunt, we have got your back for the moments when you aren’t quite sure what to bring up next.
Put these topics and questions in your back pocket so you can walk into your first holiday party full of conversation confidence.
THE CASUAL HOLIDAY GET-TOGETHER
- How did you meet the host?
- Obviously, what do you do for work? But then take it to the next level: What is your favorite part of your job?
- Holiday traditions - What’s the vibe? Is there a tradition that you couldn’t live without?
THE BIG FAMILY HURRAH
- What has changed since we last talked?
- What was it like growing up in [place or era]?
- Tell me about your favorite holiday memory as a kid
- What was so & so like as a kid?